These are what we will be looking for :
Most of these tasks we have already done,
also see the tab above for opening a hive.......
Part 2 - Hive Management
- Handle Frames of bees
- Pull out a frame of Honey or Pollen – being careful not to hurt Queen
- Identify Drone bees and Queen bee
- Point out pollen, honey, nectar, brood (both capped and uncapped)
- Identify Drones cells
- If available , can you point out a Queen cell or cup?
- Can you identify eggs ?
- Explain why is a queen important to a colony of bees?
- Lift a super of honey off a hive
- Help extract the honey from the frames, by cutting off cappings and spinning out the honey OR by crush and strain method.
- Help Bottle the honey